Shells are so popular right now, so we've created this simple earring project using our beautiful shell & gemstone bead pack, which includes a random selection of seashells, mother or pearl and paua shell chip beads.
Please note that each bead pack comes with a random selection of shell and gemstone beads.
You can use the same technique with your favourite gemstone beads too!
1. Cut 5cm length of 0.3mm sterling silver wire with side cutters.
2. Wire wrap a shell bead using round nose pliers and form a loop at the top - allow the loop to be big enough for the shell to have room to move to avoid breaking them. Follow our step by step tutorial on how to do this here.
3. Cut another 5cm length of wire and create two loops on either side of a shell chip bead (follow this tutorial up to step 8 for guidance). Before closing the loop, attach the first shell on the bottom loop.
4. Open the hoop earring and attach your creation!
5. Repeat these steps for the second earring.
Side cutters - for cutting and trimming wire, head pins etc.
Round nose pliers - for bending loops in wire
Make the design your own by using other briolette beads and earwires.
'The Encyclopedia of Wire Jewellery Techniques' by Sara Withers
'The Basics of Bead Stringing' by Debbie Kanan
'Beading Design' by Kim Glover
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £7.75
Total price: £4.75
Total price: £3.00