Wow! These boulder opal beads are out of this world. We love this simple wire-wrap bead design as it really shows off the beauty of this sparkling stone.
We've used our elegant rose gold filled earwires and 9ct gold plated wire to transform these beads into gorgeous dangly eardrops.
1. Use side cutters to cut approx 20cm of wire.
2. Use round nose pliers to form a loop in the wire and wrap around to secure at one end.
3. Thread the beads onto the wire starting with the opal bead and then the rose gold bead. Repeat 3 times so you have a total of 6 beads.
4. Bend the wire back onto itself against the last rose gold bead. Leave the beads loose enough to wire wrap between the beads. At the top of the last bead, wrap the wire just under a full turn and then angle the wire in the same direction as the first wrap upwards over the opal. Again, wrap the wire around just under a full turn and repeat this process all the way to the top of the top bead.
5. At the top finish off by neatly wire wrapping over the wire already wrapped at the base of the loop until the design feels secure.
5. Cut off any excess wire and tuck in any ends using snipe nose pliers.
6. Attach the loop to the earwire.
7. Repeat these steps for the other earring.
Make the design your own by using your favourite jewellery supplies
The Basics of Bead Stringing by Debbie Kanan
Beading Design by Kim Glover
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
There are one or more items out of stock at present.
Total price: £4.25
Total price: £8.10
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
Total price: £5.65
Total price: £6.95