This pendant was made using precious metal clay. Precious metal clay can be moulded, sculpted and formed just like modelling clay and can be fired, in most cases, with a gas torch (alternatively in a kiln). Once fired the clay turns into 99.9% pure silver which is hallmarkable and even purer than sterling silver! This brilliant product is also available in syringe, sheet and paste form so you can create beautiful and intricate jewellery with only a few basic skills.
You can make a mould to make your own cast (shape) easily with moulding compound, we used a shell that we found on the beach but you could use a ready made mould instead - try our seashore metal clay mould.
1. Follow instructions to make a rubber mould using moulding compound.
2. When the mould is dry, ease your shape out of the mould and you should have a firm impression left in the mould.
3. Push in enough PMC3 clay to fill the mould impression to the top. You can texture the back of your shape by placing a texture plate over the mould and clay and press texture into the clay by gently rolling over it with rolling pin.
4. Gently ease the shape from the mould by flexing the rubber. Do not leave the clay in the mould to dry out.
5. Make a hole for the jump ring using the drinking straw and leave to dry overnight in a warm room.
6. When dry, file off any rough edges, then fire using a gas torch. For firing instructions please click here.
7. We finished our shell by just wire brushing and burnishing the high ribs. This is individual choice and each piece can be finished using a different technique.
Fine drinking straw or similar
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each once.
Total price: £4.65
Total price: £34.95
Total price: £12.20