These pearl hair grips are so beautiful and would make a wonderful accessory for a bride to wear on her wedding day, alongside her bridesmaids too!
Please note that this kit contains a pack of 10 hair grips so you can make more than 2 designs.
Double Hair Grip
1. Apply glue (we recommend using Devcon Epoxy Glue) to the flat plates of the hair grips and set the blush pink pearls in place.
2. Create a bead chain (view our step by step guide with photos here) attaching a rice shaped pearl between every link.
3. Once you're happy with the length, wire wrap the ends of the chain to the hair grips ensuring the design is secure.
Twisted Pearl Hair Grips
1. Apply glue to the flat plate of the hair grip and set the blush pink pearl in place.
2. Get a length of 20cm of wire, thread a bead into the centre. Hold the wire about a cm down from the bead and twist it in your fingers so the wire coils against itself.
3. Add another bead to one of the lengths, leaving about 1cm. Bend the wire again and continue adding beads until you find a style you like.
4. Once you are happy with the design, attach the twisted design onto the hair grip by wire wrapping securely around the grip. Trim any excess wire with side cutters.
5. Repeat these steps on the other hair grip.
The Basics of Bead Stringing by Debbie Kanan
Beading Design by Kim Glover
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £2.00
Total price: £27.95
Total price: £14.60
Total price: £3.00