These sweet nautical inspired lapis and silver anchor earrings are so simple to make and look so pretty.
Please note that with this kit, you will receive more wire and beads than needed for the design, which you can use for future projects.
1. Start by cutting two lengths of 0.5mm sterling silver wire to 5cm using side cutters.
2. Use round nose pliers to bend a loop about a cm or so from one end of the wire and then wrap the short end of wire back around the stem to secure, trim the end of the wire if needed to neaten it up.
3. Thread on your bead, and repeat this process to make another loop, but this time before you wrap the wire around itself, thread on the loop on the anchor charm so it is trapped in the loop (this avoids having to use a jump ring to connect them and is a nice neat way to make the earrings). Now you will have the bead trapped between two wire wrapped loops, with the anchor charm hanging from one of them.
Click here to see step by step photos of how to do this.
4. To complete the earrings, use snipe or flat nose pliers to open the loop on the earwire and thread on the bead and anchor drop. Close the loop.
5. Repeat to make the other earring.
Round nose pliers - for bending loops in wire
Side cutters - an essential tool for cutting metal wire, headpins and eye pins
Or pack of pliers & side cutters which is an economical way of buying all the pliers you will need for every project!
'The Encyclopedia of Wire Jewellery Techniques' by Sara Withers
The Basics of Bead Stringing by Debbie Kanan
Beading Design by Kim Glover
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £2.80
Total price: £5.50
Total price: £5.35
Total price: £1.50