These simple crystal point earrings are a modern and minimalist design, which would be perfect for a gift for someone special. Wire wrapping a crystal point is such an easy way to show off its beauty and turn it into beautiful jewellery.
Remember to ensure your wire size is appropriate for the crystal beads you are using. In this project we have used 0.3mm wire.
This kit contains our pack of 10 mystic coated quartz pendants, so you can make more designs!
1. Begin by wire wrapping the crystal point using 0.3mm sterling silver wire. You can see step by step instructions with photos here for wire wrapping a briolette which is the same process.
2. Use side cutters to cut your wire to length - we recommend a length of wire approx 15-20cm for wire wrapping.
3. Slip the crystal point onto the wire around 3-4cm down. Ensure one side of the wire is longer than the other - pinch both ends of wire together at the top of the crystal to form a triangle shape, making sure the crystal is central.
4. Hold both sides of the wire with round nose pliers and bend the longer length to a right angle. At this point, work half way up the plier nose to ensure you allow yourself enough room for a good wrap. If necessary, trim any access wire on the short side with side cutters.
5. Use round nose pliers to form a loop with the longer side of the wire by bending it to a right angle and wrapping it around the tip of the pliers. Hold the loop flat between the tips of snipe nose pliers and take the long end of wire and use your fingers to tightly wrap it around the stem of the wires - begin at the base and work downwards.
6. Use snipe nose pliers to gently squeeze the coil together and continue to wrap upwards until you reach the top of the bead. Once you're happy with the wrap, use side cutters to trim excess wire and squeeze the end into the coil for a neat finish.
7. Using snipe nose pliers, twist open the loop of the earwire and attach the loop of the crystal point before closing.
Repeat the process for the second earring. Your design is now complete!
Make the design your own by using your favourite jewellery supplies.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £5.95
Total price: £2.65
Total price: £3.00