This project features elegant lemon quartz briolettes and flower link charms, plus uses basic wire wrapping techniques for a simple yet effective design - perfect for a jewellery making beginner!
1. Start by wire wrapping the briolette bead. Use side cutters to cut your 0.3mm sterling silver wire to length - we recommend a length of wire approx 15-20cm for wire wrapping briolettes.
Slip the briolette onto the wire around 3-4cm down. Ensure one side of the wire is longer than the other - pinch both ends of wire together at the top of the briolette to form a triangle shape, making sure the briolette is central.
Hold both sides of the wire with round nose pliers and bend the longer length to a right angle. At this point, work half way up the plier nose to ensure you allow yourself enough room for a good wrap. If necessary, trim any access wire on the short side with side cutters.
Use round nose pliers to form a loop with the longer side of the wire by bending it to a right angle and wrapping it around the tip of the pliers.
2. Before wire wrapping to secure, hook the loop of the wire onto the end of the charm link.
3. Hold the loop flat between the tips of snipe nose pliers and take the long end of wire and use your fingers to tightly wrap it around the stem of the wires - begin at the base and work downwards.
Use snipe nose pliers to gently squeeze the coil together and continue to wrap upwards until you reach the top of the bead. Once you're happy with the wrap, use side cutters to trim excess wire and squeeze the end into the coil for a neat finish.
Click here for step by step instructions with photos of how to wire wrap a briolette.
4. Use snipe nose pliers to twist open the loop of the earwire and attach the top loop of the charm link before twisting closed to secure.
5. Repeat the previous steps for the other earring and your design is complete!
Snipe nose pliers or flat nose pliers
You may like to get our pack of pliers & side cutters which is an economical way of buying all the pliers you will need for every project!
Make the design your own by using your favourite jewellery supplies
How to wire wrap a briolette bead
Read our wire wrapping advice pages with tutorials
The Basics of Bead Stringing by Debbie Kanan
Beading Design by Kim Glover
Kernowcraft's jewellery making kits are aimed to inspire you - therefore the step by step instructions are available online only with a shopping list, where you can easily customise the design to suit you. We recommend printing or bookmarking this page ready to follow.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
There are one or more items out of stock at present.
Total price: £5.99
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
Total price: £11.99
Total price: £7.70
Total price: £6.00