These beautiful jade heart and round bead earrings are a wonderful shade of green and look vibrant and fresh teamed with silver beads and findings.
This is a great beginner project, which doesn't require any soldering.
You will have some spare hearts, beads and headpins left over. Why not add an extra pair of earwires to your basket to create a second pair in your own design!
1. To start, thread the heart bead onto the headpin.
2. Next, thread on a silver bead followed by jade bead, silver bead followed by jade bead and one more silver bead.
3. Use side cutters to cut the excess headpin length leaving enough of the headpin to form a loop.
4. Using round nose pliers create a loop with the headpin at the end of the beads. Before closing the loop with snipe or flat nose pliers, thread on the earwire. Use the round nose pliers to neaten the loop if needed.
5. Repeat the process to create the second earring.
Please note that the earwires pictured in the photo are unavailable, so we have included our sterling silver Shepherds crook earwires in the kit list instead.
You may like to get our pack of pliers & side cutters which is an economical way of buying all the pliers you will need for every project!
The Basics of Bead Stringing by Debbie Kanan
Beading Design by Kim Glover
Kernowcraft's jewellery making kits are aimed to inspire you - therefore the step by step instructions are available online only with a shopping list, where you can easily customise the design to suit you. We recommend printing or bookmarking this page ready to follow.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
There are one or more items out of stock at present.
Total price: £3.95
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
Total price: £4.85
Total price: £2.65
Total price: £4.50
Total price: £5.30