A simple project using chocolate moonstone faceted slice beads and 9ct gold earwires. These stunning slice beads look beautiful and even more so when they catch the light.
This kit provides you with more wire than needed so you can make more similar creations.
1. Cut a length of 9ct gold plated wire about 10cm long and use this to wire wrap the chocolate slice.
2. Slip your bead onto the wire, leaving approximately 2cm at one end (the other end will be longer).
3. Pinch both ends of the wire together at the top of the bead. Check that the bead is centred. Use side cutters to cut off the end of the short side of wire, so that it is only about 2-3mm above the bead.
4. Next form a loop with the longer side of wire by bending it to a right angle and wrapping it around the tip of your round nose pliers. Make sure the loop is above the end of the short side of the wire and centre of the bead.
5. Switch to using the snipe nose pliers and hold the loop flat between the tips. Take the long length of wire between your fingers and hold it taught. Start wrapping it around the stem of the wires - starting at the base of the loop and working down towards the bead. Make sure that each wrap sits neatly and close to the last.
6. When you reach the top of the bead trim the end neatly with the side cutters. If there is a sharp end left bend it gently with the snipe nose pliers so that it sits flat and is tucked neatly away, so it will not snag on clothing.
7. Now simply thread it onto the 9ct gold earwire and your earring is complete.
8. Repeat the process to create the second earring.
Why not view our selection of presentation boxes to complete the look and make a beautiful gift?
You may like to get our pack of pliers & side cutters which is an economical way of buying all the pliers you will need for every project!
Make the design your own by using other gemstone beads and charms.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
There are one or more items out of stock at present.
Total price: £5.65
Total price: £5.90
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
Total price: £19.99