We love this sea and beach inspired charm necklace! It's so easy to make and can be easily customised with your favourite charm.
1. Cut your leather thonging cord to the desired length.
2. Use Devcon glue to glue your cabochon onto the milled edge pendant setting - leave to dry.
3. Using snipe nose pliers, twist open the jump ring and attach the shell charm and pendant setting. Close the jump ring and slide onto the thread.
4. To secure the end caps to the cord, score the inside of the end cap with a scribe or similar and apply glue. Insert the cleanly cut end of the cord as deep as possible.
TIP: We found that placing a piece of wire through the eye in the cap can prevent the cord from being glued in too deep and blocking the hole where you will attach a jump ring - just be careful not to glue the wire in place!
5. Next, twist open a jump ring and thread through the hole of one end. Twist the jump ring closed. On the other end cap, twist open another jump ring and thread through. This time catch in the lobster clasp loop and twist the jump ring closed.
Your necklace is now complete!
Snipe nose pliers for opening and closing jump rings.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £3.10
Total price: £4.25
Total price: £1.39
Total price: £2.50
Total price: £3.60
Total price: £2.55
Total price: £2.99
Total price: £7.99