We love this sea and beach inspired charm necklace! It's so easy to make and can be easily customised with your favourite charm.
1. Cut your leather thonging cord to the desired length.
2. Use Devcon glue to glue your cabochon onto the milled edge pendant setting - leave to dry.
3. Using snipe nose pliers or flat nose pliers, twist open the jump ring and attach the shell charm and pendant setting. Close the jump ring and slide onto the thread.
4. To secure the end caps to the cord, score the inside of the end cap with a scribe or similar and apply glue. Insert the cleanly cut end of the cord as deep as possible.
TIP: We found that placing a piece of wire through the eye in the cap can prevent the cord from being glued in too deep and blocking the hole where you will attach a jump ring - just be careful not to glue the wire in place!
5. Next, twist open a jump ring and thread through the hole of one end. Twist the jump ring closed. On the other end cap, twist open another jump ring and thread through. This time catch in the lobster clasp loop and twist the jump ring closed.
Your necklace is now complete!
Kernowcraft's jewellery making kits are aimed to inspire you - therefore the step by step instructions are available online only with a shopping list, where you can easily customise the design to suit you. We recommend printing or bookmarking this page ready to follow.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
There are one or more items out of stock at present.
Total price: £3.10
Total price: £4.25
Total price: £1.39
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
Total price: £3.25
Total price: £3.85
Total price: £2.55
Total price: £2.99
Total price: £7.99