Chunky Chains & DIY Projects
Goodbye minimal - we're obsessed with the chunky chains!
We can wave goodbye to minimal jewellery for now, with layered chains, charms and gemstones making their way back into the lime light.
Chunky and bold jewellery is a great way to make a statement with your outfit - from dangly earrings, stacked bracelets to a single thick chain around your neck - this chunky look is a great way to experiment with your style. The best part? Chunky chain looks great with most outfits, whether that's a formal dress or simple jeans and a tee.
In this post, we share with you lots of inspiration including some beautiful design ideas to make your own handmade chain jewellery.
Be Inspired By Chunky Chains
Make Your Own Chunky Chain Jewellery With Kernowcraft
We love keeping up to date with current fashion and jewellery trends and we just love the look of big and bold designs. We've created some beginner friendly jewellery designs using our supplies. Check out our designs inspired by chunky chains below - why not customise them using your favourite gemstones and charms?
Anchor & Turquoise Chunky Chain Bracelet
How lovely is our sterling silver large link flat trace chain bracelet? It's so easy to add your favourite gemstone beads and charms to it. We've chosen to go for a nautical theme with our popular anchor charm along with a half drilled turquoise matrix bead glued onto a peg with loop.
Silver Tassel Chain Earrings
Although this medium trace chain used in this project doesn't have large links, we think it looks brilliant layered together to create a tassel effect. The chain sparkles beautifully as it sways in the light!
Love the tassel trend? Watch our video on how to make your own tassels using silkon thread with project to try too.
Paua Shell Charm Bracelet
In this project, we've used our silver plated stretch charm bracelet - designed with jump rings already attached so you can easily attach your favourite charms to it! We love this bold design, using our range of paua shell charm shapes.
Emerald Willow Leaf Necklace
A great way to add dimension to your jewellery designs is to add connector links! In this design, we feature our sterling silver willow connector link. We've also added a pop of colour using an emerald cabochon stone and a few gorgeous emerald rondelle beads to add some sparkle!
Sodalite Bead Bracelet
Simply slide on your favourite large holed gemstone bead for a minimal yet eye-catching design using our sterling silver spiga charm bead chain bracelet!
Sparkling Feather Necklace
Featuring our sterling silver black oxidised diamond cut rope chain! This statement chain is perfect if you want to add some luxury and sparkle to your design. We've made it simple by adding a charm so the chain takes center stage.
Shop Our Full Range Of Chain
We have an extensive range of quality necklet, bracelet and loose chain for your handmade jewellery designs. Whether you're after sterling silver, plated or gold - you can choose from a whole variety of styles to suit your jewellery making needs.
What Are The Different Types Of Chain?
Read our helpful guide on the types of jewellery making chain so you can choose the right one for your particular design.
Also in this section:
- How To Make Your Own Chakra Jewellery
- Our Favourite Customer Designs Of 2022
- Handmade Garnet Jewellery Designs We Love
- Trending Magenta Gemstones & Jewellery Designs
- Top 12 Best Selling Gemstone Cabochons
- Our Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2021
- 12 Good Luck Charms To Add To Your Jewellery
- Handmade Jewellery Creations Using Turquoise
- Handmade Birthstone Jewellery Inspiration
- Our Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2020
- 12 Things To Do At Home If You Love Jewellery Making
- Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2019
- 20 Handmade Heart Jewellery Designs
- 16 Amethyst Jewellery Designs We Love
- Easy Handmade Mother's Day Jewellery Gift Ideas
- 11 Amazing Handmade Aquamarine Jewellery Designs
- 17 Jewellery Designs Using Liver Of Sulphur
- Customisable Earrings For Non Pierced Ears
- 25 Additional Jewellery Making Supplies For Your Collection
- Our Favourite #KernowcraftXmas Designs
- 25 Jewellers Creating Bespoke Engagement Rings
- 15 Statement Onyx Jewellery Designs We Love
- 9 Gemstone Ring Designs We're Obsessed With
- What Is Rose Gold Filled?
- Australian Opal Jewellery Designs
- Handmade Floral Jewellery Designs
- Using Crystals For Jewellery Making
- 4 Easy Jewellery Making Projects For Kids
- Handmade Father's Day Gifts
- 4 Reasons To Do A Craft Course
- Chunky Chains & DIY Projects
- DIY Hair Accessories With Gemstones
- 18 Handmade Emerald Jewellery Designs
- What Is Granulation & Jewellery Designs We Love
- 10 Jewellery Making YouTube Channels To Watch
- Favourite Customer Designs Of 2018
- Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2017
- 11 Easy Handmade Christmas Jewellery Making Projects
- Prosecco & Rubies’ Top Tips for Buying the Perfect Gift
- 8 Jewellery Projects To Release Your Inner Dark Side
- Out Of This World, Galaxy Jewellery Designs!
- How Has Making Jewellery Helped You?
- Opal Jewellery Designs We Love Right Now
- 4 Jewellery Making Books For Beginners
- 16 Sea Glass Designs We Love
- Jewellery Making With Peridot
- Jewellery Designs Using Ruby Gemstones
- 10 Essentials For A Busy Jeweller
- 20 Boho Inspired Jewellery Designs
- What Jewellers Think Of Alligator Tape
- Top 20 #KernowcraftNature Designs
- The Gemstones For Nature Lovers
- How To Help The Environment As A Jewellery Designer
- 14 Jewellery Designs Inspired By Nature
- 22 Jewellery Designs Inspired By The Sea
- 5 Personalised Jewellery Gift Ideas
- Making Your Own Wedding Jewellery
- How To Use Pantone’s Colour Of The Year Ultra Violet In Jewellery Making
- Top 6 Chains For Your Jewellery Designs
- 14 Beachcombing Tips For Beginners
- Autumn Jewellery Inspiration
- Protecting Your Hands When Jewellery Making
- Minimalist Jewellers To Follow On Instagram Right Now
- Using Charms In Your Jewellery Designs
- International Beading Week Interview
- Soldering For Jewellers Book Review
- Make Your Own Festival Jewellery
- 10 Tips For Creating A Jewellery Wedding Collection
- Customer Creations in 2016
- 10 Reasons To Do Jewellery Making With Your Kids
- Our Favourite Halloween Inspired Jewellery Designs
- 9 of Our Favourite Christmas Inspired Jewellery Designs
- 5 Minute Handmade Jewellery Gifts This Christmas
- 6 Ways To Support Small Businesses This Christmas