Wow, what a year! We are always blown away with your stunning handmade jewellery designs and 2017 is definitely the one to beat!
We love supporting jewellery makers, sharing handmade jewellery designs and inspiration. We feel so lucky to have such an amazing community of jewellers using our high quality jewellery making supplies and transforming them into something so magical.
It was so hard to pick our favourite designs of 2017 but we hope you love them too as much as we do. We're already excited for what's to come in 2018!
Possibly my favourite ring I have ever made | not only is it pink, this incredible piece of glass was naturally tumbled by the sea into a shape of a butterfly wing. I can not describe to you how lucky I am to own this incredibly rare one off sea glass. I know for a fact I will never find anything like it ever again...
- Sadie Jewellery. Dreamy huh? Sea glass jewellery is something we love, especially as we live beside the sea. We're always refreshing Sadie's Instagram to see what she's making next!
For all you mermaid lovers! If you love being beside the sea, with the sand between your toes - these earrings are made for you. What a gorgeous design by Lisa from Flutterbies Den
A super simple silver wire wrap, wear a piece of ocean treasure wherever you go.
- Louise, creator of Shore Fine Design. Sea glass designs are always something special, the use of wire wrapping adds that special touch.
Frosty sea glass and silver wire loops. Experimenting with different designs for upcoming craft fairs.
- Of Land And Sea Designs. As another Cornish designer, it's no wonder we have a soft spot for sea inspired designs!
This super cute little Owlet went to her new home today. A solid little lump, with the birthday girl's initial on the back.
- Saffron Anaphoenix. Imagine receiving this handmade beauty as a gift?!
It's amazing to see designs using watermelon tourmaline slices! Cindy Ashbridge Jewellery did such a wonderful job transforming this into something even more beautiful which can be worn forever.
Really pleased with my pendant which will be part of my "Blowing Bubbles" collection when my online shop launches in the new year... inspired by Aria and her love to catch and pop bubbles. Bursting with colour, the multicoloured gemstones represent the various colours found in bubbles. Will share the rest of the collection in due course. Gemstones from Kernowcraft
- Lyzanne from Kreative Chaos. We love hearing about the inspiration behind designs and this is so sweet!
Really pleased with my pendant which will be part of my "Blowing Bubbles" collection when my online shop launches in the new year... Inspired by Aria and her love to catch and pop bubbles. Bursting with colour, the multicoloured gemstones represent the various colours found in bubbles. Gemstones from Kernowcraft.
A detailed thumb ring with wave impressions reflecting Ceri's love of the ocean, stamp work and a breathtaking apatite gemstone at the heart of it. This is going to be worn as Ceri's 'something blue', it's the most stunning colour that reflects green tones like the sea.
- Smugglers Treasures Jewellery. What a lucky bride and something she can treasure forever.
I finally used the lovely tigereye stone from Kernowcraft and had a chance to try out the liver of sulphur solution I also got from them. Very happy with the finish. Definitely great experience for me. MATERIAL: EcoSilver (100% recycled sterling silver)/tiger eye. FINISH: oxidised with liver of sulphur solution.
- Fabled Silver. We just love how liver of sulphur can transform a piece!
I love working with and supporting brands that make it possible and encourage us to explore our creativity. And, @kernowcraft is a company that does just that. They have supplies for jewellers of all experience levels and abilities. And, I’m proud to say that they played a key role in my journey to becoming a full-time jeweller. They probably didn’t even know this, but they kept me company on days when I didn’t feel like I had much purpose at all. I LOVED making these earrings for someone special for Christmas.
- Caitie, When Caitie Met Soda. Such a lovely comment, it means so much that we can be part of people's jewellery making journeys!
Here, Caitie uses Kernowcraft's rhodolite garnet faceted stones.